It’s never too early to think about your direction in life. Think about what you do well, what you enjoy doing, and how your interests and goals compare those needed in a career. Use these valuable tips to help discover your interests.
Master of science in health professions rehabilitation sciences
The Catholic University "Our Lady of the Good Counsel" and the University of Rome "Tor Vergata", in accordance with the Italian higher education law in force, introduces the Master of Science in "Health Professions Rehabilitation Sciences" (for the Albanian Law “Master of Science” in “Health Professions Rehabilitation Sciences").
Graduates at the end of Science Master's program will be able to apply the basic knowledge of relevant sciences related to the specific professional figure needed to make decisions regarding the organization and management of health services provided by the staff with rehabilitation capacity in the medical field, including all healthcare structures of low, medium or high complexity; they also possess and use the competencies of the health economy and the managerial organization skills necessary to provide health services, in order to manage the available human and technological resources, analyzing the cost / benefit ratio.
To be admitted at Science Master’s Degree: “Health Professions Rehabilitation Sciences”, the applicants need to fulfill the following requirements;
1) Physiotherapy Bachelor degree issued by the Catholic University "Our Lady of the Good Counsel";
2) Degree in Physiotherapy or Logopedia issued by Albanian public universities;
3) Bachelor's Degree in Healthcare Profession, in one of the branches included in the Master's Program (Professional Education, Physiotherapy, Logopedia, Orthopedia - Medical Podiatric Assistant, Psychiatric Rehabilitation Therapist, Neurology Therapist and Psychomotor Sciences of Developmental Age, Therapist who deals with workplace issues) issued in Italy;
4) University degrees in a healthcare profession in one of the fields of courses included in the master program, issued in Italy;
5) Qualifications in the healthcare professions issued in Italy, included in the curricula of the Master degree, Cycle II, in compliance with Law no. 42/1999;
6) Physiotherapy or Logopedia Degree issued in one of the universities of European Union countries and recognized by their respective Governments;
7) Physiotherapy or Logopedia Degree issued by a country out of the European Union and Albania and recognized by their respective governments, by verifying the compliance with the didactic program
Graduates in the Master of Science: "Health Professions Rehabilitation Sciences" will have the opportunity to work in charge of the assistance, organizational, managerial, training and research processes in one of the areas related to health professions of this type, health and hospital organizational structures, in public and private structures or as freelancers.
Teaching will take place at the Catholic University "Our Lady of the Good Counsel" in Tirana, with the participation of Albanian and Italian professors with consolidated experience at the University of Rome "Tor Vergata".
The study program has a duration of 2 years with a total of 120 ECTS and is divided into 2 semesters.
Science Master's Degree: "Health Professions Rehabilitation Sciences " is eligible for application to the Third Cycle of Studies (PhD).
The final exam for obtaining the Degree title consists in the processing and argumenting on a written research-based assignment (theoretical and / or accompanied by surveys and data analysis in the field of research) regarding a topic related to course curriculum. This work should original and the personal contribution of the students should be evident. The students select among the curriculum courses included in the master program. The topic choice should be done by the student at least 6 months before the start of the graduation exam session. The members of the collegial body and the evaluation criteria for the final exam are determined by the Didactic Regulation of the University and the Faculty. The final exam has 6 credits.
Fees & Scholarships
Annual Tuition Fee Master of Science in Health Professions Rehabilitation Sciences
Annual tuition fee – 2.500,00 Euro
The above fee comprises the full annual fee and the student does not pay extra fees when he/she has to take and /or repeat an exam.